Alcohol Prevention „Halt – Hart am Limit“ (Stop – Close to the Limit) is HERO 2016
Every year, the foundation TOOLS FOR LIFE recognizes people who demonstrate social commitment in their spare time. In 2016, for the third time, employees of the ROTHENBERGER AG were asked to nominate an everyday hero from their personal or workplace environment, their HERO, to say „Thank you!“ for their work.
The chosen winner in 2016 was the project „Halt – Hart am Limit“ (Stop –Close to the Limit) at the Zentrums für Jugendberatung und Suchthilfe (center of youth counseling and addiction care) in the Main-Taunus district. The project’s focus is on alcohol prevention; it offers help to children and adolescents threatened by alcoholism. In February 2017, Dr. Sandra Rothenberger presented a donation of Euro 8.000, collected during the Christmas donation campaign „Spenden statt schenken“ (Giving instead of gift-giving) by the foundation TOOLS FOR LIFE.
Further submissions included:
• Anja Ringgren Lovén, DINNodhjaelp, Denmark; more information: http://www.dinnoedhjaelp.dk/de/
• Tomasz Łebek, Harcerska Grupa Ratownicza Starachowice (Scout Rescue Group Starachowice), Poland; more information: https://de-de.facebook.com/HarcerskaGrupaRatowniczaStarachowice/ (in Polish language)
• Thilo Weber, Service After Sales
• Engineers without Borders, Karlsruhe; more information: https://ewb-karlsruhe.de/
• Nury Janania von Friends of Barnabas, Honduras; more information: http://www.fobf.org/
In 2017, there will once again be a call for submissions for the HERO 2017.